Submitted: 08-10-2005 by rider604

I just got a brand new Dolphin in lime color. Took it for a 2 hour paddle. I really got to wonder about people that gave it a 1 rating. I'm 6'1Ē, 175 lbs. The cockpit *just* fits my leg length. I don't have any issues with it, but if my legs were an inch longer or cockpit an inch shorter, it would be a problem.

Now, seems like most people said the boat rocks or it's tippy. From my experience-it's NEITHER. Itís about as stable as almost any kayak Iíve ever paddled.

Speed-it's not as fast as a real touring kayak by any means, but it IS fast enough to go places if you're not in a hurry. Seems to handle waves good-compared to my OK Scrambler it breaks through a wave much smoother.

My only complaint about its performance/ergonomics is the seat-it seems to be molded for someone to sit very upright so back edge may press against your lower back. Not a major issue and I think some foam will easily fix that.

Quality seems a bit on the cheap side-plastic is definitely not Prijon quality, but it should be fine long as you don't abuse it.

Overall-if your idea a recreational boat is something affordable you can take just about anywhere (though not in a major hurry), and can easily handle on land-give the Dolphin a good look.