Submitted: 08-08-2005 by Keith

My dad bought one of these things almost 20 years ago. It was back when they were made of ABS with an aluminum frame. If you want a river-running or distance-paddling canoe get something else, but this is a really great boat for fishing. This is why - no hull slap to scare the fish (like a jon-boat), the keels keep the wind from spinning you like a top (like my old town discovery), one person can stand in it, the square end makes it easy to steer the trolling motor, and it has a nice natural green color. As I have caught dozens of monster bass right next to the boat I don't think they knew I was there. As for durability it has been sitting outside for 20 years, has been washed over the dam twice in hurricanes, and survived being scraped on rocks down the Flint River at low water for 40 miles.