Submitted: 08-07-2005 by SCO

After two months with the Tsunami I would suggest this kayak. I have used it exclusively on rivers and it was exactly was I was looking for. I suggest not having a rudder, when going up river you will not get pushed sideways because of the keel. Going down river you can have fun with the rapids. Your body weight will dictate your agility. It is very easy to portage around damns. I can accomplish this one handed, very balanced.

I took a chance and removed the front bulkhead. I have gone on overnighters on the Mississippi and am able to sleep right in the yak without the bulkhead. Again your body size would dictate this. I am 5' 9" 155 lbs. and can stretch out in a sleeping bag inside the kayak. Leave the tent at home!

For the day hatch buy a cheap 8" diameter container and place in the opening. This will allow you to keep items from sliding away in the aft compartment.