Submitted: 08-07-2005 by Ken Holmes

I too recently went to the local Dicks sports store, with no intention to BUY anything...I spotted a Victory Blast hanging on the banister with a price of $199.00. This was an old sale price as all the rest of the same models were listed at $279.00. Dicks Sports honored their error and I walked out with a Great Kayak. I drive a Miata and I have had NO problem just strapping the boat to my roof and driving off. The light weight and compact size are perfect. In the water I am comfortable and secure. I have customized the cockpit with some foam padding so that I am snug and really in control. I am still a novice but I have joined some friends with missile like Ocean Kayaks and kept up just Fine, although I prefer just Gliding with the Gators in the back streams. Thanks Victory for a "Ready to Go" Kayak. And, thanks to Dicks sporting goods for being honorable. Victory is a “blast".