Submitted: 08-05-2005 by Lee

I use this paddle more than any of the other paddles I own. I have the fiberglass straight-shaft version (215 cm).

I find it has enough bite for rock gardening and surfing, yet I do not get fatigued when I use it on long paddles. I have done crossings up to 38 NM with this paddle without feeling a strain in my shoulders.

The weight of the paddle is reassuring. It is relatively light, but has a solid feel. I have a carbon fiber paddle that is lighter. You'd think the lighter paddle would be better for long crossings, but my fiberglass Corryvrecken has the right weight to give it a solid feel and it contributes to a nice rhythm.

I use the straight shaft because it permits me to move my hands to any location quickly. I also have a bent-shaft paddle but I seldom use it any more.

The Corryvrecken is probably the most useful and versatile paddle I have ever used. I would buy another.