Submitted: 08-04-2005 by K98

We put our first kayak, a Pungo 120, in the water for the first time today. The location was Lake Arthur in Moraine State Park, just a few miles from our home. My 14 yr old son took it out first followed by Mom and me in our Mad River Explorer. The Pungo tracked quick and straight, and the kid gave it two thumbs up. After a few miles, we pulled onto a sand bar to have some refreshments and swap boats. My wife paddled off in the Pungo (she has no kayak experience), junior and I followed in the canoe. About an hour later, I got my turn. Actually, wife and son elected to go swimming, so I grabbed the Pungo. Had a great time with it, great boat for beginners. Tracks straight, good glide, and handled the afternoon breezes well. The lake was getting a little choppy as we headed for port, the Pungo handled it well, and junior stayed dry. Family consensus is that we buy another one...maybe two. Great little boat.