Submitted: 08-02-2005 by Stuart

When I saw how much used Kleppers were going for on eBay, I put my 20+ year old Klepper for sale, and purchased a barely used Argonaut from a local paddler.

For a couple of years now, I've been paddling the Argo, and it has won me over. It is an elegant and beautifully designed boat, with attention to detail found on only the finest boats.

A very comfortable ride, stable and secure. Great tracking, and can barrel through the worst conditions. It DOES like heavier loads and I keep telling myself to load it up with extra weight. I've always forgotten to, and never lived to regret it.

It's a huge thing out of the water, and takes some manhandling. In the water, I love the ease of handling. I liked the rudder on the Klepper, and the skeg system took some getting used to. I now love it!

It's the only VCP boat I've ever seen, but wouldn't hesitate to recommend any of their boats -- they are that good...

Do I miss my Klepper? Absolutely, but it's mainly for the memories. The Argonaut is in another class...

Pelican Intl.: