Submitted: 08-01-2005 by brucebetter

My wife and I did the 55 mile trip around the Cape Sable of the southern Florida Everglades. I paddled a standard touring yak and the wife took the Outback as she claims to more leg muscle than arm. The first nice thing was how much poundage of gear the boat was able to carry. It boasts 400 lbs capacity and I'm sure we put that to the test. We went with current and against current, in the glade and out in the bay and the Gulf. It performed great in every instance. After the trip was over and the wife peddled it on another short cruise almost empty, she claimed that the boat actually preformed better with the extra weight. Only down size is the boat is still a bit pricey and it is a bit tippy with the sail in a brisk wind. But still a load of fun since you can peddle yourself back into or out of the wind. Great all around control.