Submitted: 07-28-2005 by Barbe

Has anyone out there purchased one of the Nighthawk 16's that have defective (read non-working) skegs? Unwittingly, I bought one. The dealer told me the kayak was used, (practically new) but that the previous owner had decided he wanted something else. I have no recollection the dealer telling me the skeg was defective. Apparently Eddyline sold these particular kayaks to dealers at a reduced price, with understanding (?) dealers would in turn tell their customers. Now I am left without a working skeg, and Eddyline has told me it would be very difficult to get the skeg working right, without returning it to the factory. They do not intend to do that. I'd appreciate hearing from any other Nighthawk owners who had, or have this problem. Sure, I can use the kayak, but I'd really like a working skeg too.