Submitted: 07-28-2005 by DWS

I chose the Loki R because of its light weight, which makes is easy to lift on and off the car-top rack, especially after a long outing. I often paddle solo so being able to do the lifting alone is essential. With lighter weight came the bonuses of greater speed and ease of propulsion compared with my fiberglass kayak of equal length. Who doesn't enjoy going faster, with equal effort? During a year of frequent day-use the Loki has been reliable, comfortable and well-suited to a range of sea conditions. An extra inch of freeboard would be ideal for my 6' frame and 200 lbs. I especially like the foot pedals and rudder mechanism - very easy to adjust and very efficient. It's also pleasing to attract the attention of other kayakers, who want to know what that distinctive looking boat is!