Submitted: 07-28-2005 by SYW

I only tested the Tsunami 140 on a calm lake. It was a demo boat and I was attracted by its contour. It's a bit heavy so it took me and one of the workers to carry it onto water. Entry is easy. I was surprised by its knee brace, which is rare in rec kayak. Once I started paddling, the speed really, really impressed me. It accelerates pretty quickly and easy to maintain a high speed. I was playing very close to shore and there were a couple jogging in a regular pace right next to me on shore. I was able to go a bit faster than them by paddling just a little harder. The speed is much impressive than my OT Rush. Since I was playing on an open, calm lake, slow turning is not a problem to me. Besides, I would prefer speed instead of easy turning. The WS Phrase3 sitting plus knee brace feel just great. The testing drive almost made me buy it right away. The only reason I hesitated -- its price. It's close to one thousand which I simply can't afford. Nevertheless, the Tsunami 140 has become my dream kayak.