Submitted: 01-17-2000 by Mark Yochim

This is a 4 place kayak trailer. I bought the trailer from Magneta Trailers(800-397-3819). My new trailer came with 80" cross arms which Magenta builds for their canoes trailers. The regular kayak trailer comes with 60" cross arms. Although it is a 4 place trailer, 8 would fit easy with the wider bars.

The base trailer, uprights, cross arms and tounge are all 4 sided tubing. There is no 3 sidded channel used. In addition, I ordered the larger tires, tounge extension and the 12" tires. The tounge extension will left you carry up to a 19' sea kayak. Finally, for $36.50 they hot dipped galvanized the base trailer and tounge for me.

The really amazing thing, it was shipped to me via UPS. Yeah, you have to assemble it. It took me about three hours to assemble it, but it was worth it. It is a well built and well designed trailer. My other kayak trailer is a little larger, but cost me 4 times as much to purchase and it is not galvanized. These guys really have their stuff together. It is a great trailer.