Submitted: 07-25-2005 by kkduda

I've used the 130T about a dozen times so far. I got a blue factory second model. It was about $50 cheaper, but I couldn't even find why it was a second. Here are my two cents:

For two person use, itís perfect. My wife and I can paddle completely out of phase and not strike paddles most of the time. Paddling in phase moves us much better though. There's plenty of room. We even seat our toddler in front of the rear seat. There's even a good amount of storage space between the hatches and tank wells. Not enough for week long trips, but great for day trips.

As a solo craft, its a little harder to move, and the front of the boat sits higher up in the water making it a little harder to go straight. This gives you loads of room though if you want to carry lots of gear.

At first I had difficulty loading the 65 lb yak on the top of my relatively high minivan. I've since managed a good way to grasp, pickup, and load it up there. The large weight and size are a disadvantage, but that's what you get when you have a large boat that can carry two or three people.

The seats are a nice touch and are pretty comfortable. I also like the rod/paddle holders. Both of these are nice features that you don't have to pay extra for.

In general itís a good kayak to do lots of things.