Submitted: 07-25-2005 by Chris Burns

This is the first Kayak I've owned. My vehicle and my landlord wouldn't allow a standard boat, so it was folding or inflatable and my budget said inflatable.

My biggest concern was that I'm too big for this boat, I'm 6'2" and 230 lbs. No problem. It's not roomy, but it is comfortable and feels very stable.

It handles well, it's easy to get to a reasonable speed and keep it there. Mine seems to want to track to the left, but that may be my deficient paddling technique, or maybe I need to re-adjust the floor a bit (it may be crooked). It does seem to have a "speed limit" where I can paddle as hard as I want and not go much faster. I suppose that has as much to do with the length of the boat as anything else.

My only complaint is to the rocket scientists who designed the valves that inflate the floor, risers and combing. The valves require that you have either a foot pump or three hands. The floor is not a big deal, it's large enough so that you can over inflate a bit and close off the valve without losing too much air. The other four chambers are another problem. They are so small that by the time you've managed to twist the valve shut, the chamber has deflated. Inflating the main chambers and the floor takes me no more than 10 minutes. The combing and risers take another ten and I usually give up out of frustration! What were you guys thinking?

Over all, I'm very happy with this kayak. The best part is that I can fit it in the back of my car and take it anywhere. It takes 20 minutes to set up (less if I remember to bring the battery pump - my solution to the poorly designed minor valves) and 15 to break down.