Submitted: 07-25-2005 by JEC

Tested my Adventure XL 139 tonight and it performed GREAT. We had a storm go through which made the lake choppy and windy - no problem - after the storm passed, the water calmed down and it was terrific paddling. I was with a group of 12 and did not have any problem staying with the pack, even though I am a beginner...

I tested various boats "PUNGO 120", "Dirigo 120", some SOTs from Wilderness, etc. and I am convinced that I got the best boat for my needs... cruising and fishing. The boat is very stable and comfortable, and at 13'9" is not hard to handle on land. It tracks very well and its speed is adequate.

Only reason I gave it a 9 is that I did get a little bit of water into the bow compartment - I will add some more silicone around the bottom of the bulkhead and I think this should keep it bone dry. No problem with the stern compartment.

All in all, a great boat. Thanks to all those who replied to my questions.