Submitted: 07-21-2005 by Tiogatires

I'm gonna be extremely fair here. I have only had the paddle out once for a long day trip (about five hours of paddling). First of all I bought the Seven2 Airidium, 220cm, Size Medium. Ok, Upon opening the box, I must say that I was a little un-impressed with the tiny detail factor. My paddle, (although, it all appears to be stictly cosmetic)seems to have itsy bitsy imperfections. The Lexan blades aren't exactly shaped perfectly, and the air bubble things (on the blades) kind'of look like they were glued onto the blade. There was some kind of stuff ( a little amount)that poked out of the grips...maybe glue residue? Anyway, I would have thought that with Seven2's old reputation with paddles falling apart they might take quality control a little more seriously. Well, let's be fair. It took me a maybe five to ten minutes to get the "feel" for this paddle compared to my Werner. After I figured out the offset, (Seven2, if you guys read these reviews....maybe you sould put some effort into getting the degree markings to be at least a little accurate, and maybe you could get them to line-up correctly on either one of the paddle shafts)and got the feel for the grips, I began to seriously enjoy this paddle. I have two relativly bad shoulders and I normally hurt after a day of paddling with my Werner. No such pain with the Seven2 Airidium. Nicely done! It delivers the goods as far as being gentle on the joints goes. I did notice ( as I read in another review) that the blade and shaft combo are in fact quite audible, but who really cares about that anyway? Your paying for the technology and design, there has to be a little down-side, right? Anyway, it wasn't anything that bothered me, in fact it was quite interesting. The ferrel or shaft lock or whatever they call it held tight with a turn on the screw. I gotta agree with another reviewers comments about the stainless screw, Whaat's up with that Seven2? Attention to detail!!! Well, this paddle all in all was worth the penny. It delivers it's promises and I am happy with its' weight, power and design. I'm not too happy with the overall construction quality, and the offset adjustment markings. I'll leave more feedback after a couple of months. Oh, Seven2...I know you read this stuff...if my paddle breaks you better replace it....I went out on a limb buying thi paddle after reading so much negative stuff about your comany and it's customer service issues..Remember that customer service can make ya or break ya!!