Submitted: 07-20-2005 by lindakeith

The Perception Sonoma 10 does hold a big person but that big person should have short legs or be very agile. It is a pretty boat, very easy to cartop, has a lot of advantages for the single person going out for a some time on the water. My legs are too long to easily slide down into the cockpit - another inch or two would help get the feet inside. Once inside it was impossible to properly brace my knees against the sides due to the length of my legs as I do not have fat thighs. Stability while paddling seemed fair to this inexperienced paddler but I do not plan to keep this boat. Just in case, make sure you have a bilge pump. I thought needed a light weight boat but this was the wrong choice for me and my sciatic nerve. I am glad I kept my Pungo 120, I just wish it was a Duralite.

Thunder Bay Tourism: