Submitted: 07-19-2005 by franklin

I have yak.'s hullraisers. I think they are convenient and easy to use. I lay them down flat when not in use. I have hully rollers on the center of the racks and a pair of hullraisers on each outboard end. The raisers allow me to carry three boats on the top of my Subaru Outback. That is the good news. The bad news is that they are very poorly constructed and they are expensive. Mine, about a year old, have started rusting badly and the foam padding is breaking up and falling off. They have been falling apart for quite some time. The quality is not there and I would look elsewhere for a similar type of rack before I purchased these. When the raisers finally completely fall apart I will not buy another. They look terrible on my car, making it look like I don't take care of my stuff...which I do.