Submitted: 07-18-2005 by mmmjkm

I bought two used Inuviks for an excellent price and was pleasantly surprised by how much use they got from my family and friends. They are large sit-inside boats -- very easy entry and exit because of the oversized cockpit. Lots of room for storage. Very attractive finish, and I like the way the hatches matched the hull. Stable as a barge -- in fact, it's a great boat for introducing scared newbies to paddling. Here are a few things I didn't like: a) The boat was hard to load and unload by myself -- I couldn't really balance it well, and I found it heavier than I had hoped for; b) Its shape is great in the water, but it doesn't sit even on my trailer because of its pronounced rocker and upswept ends; c) The footpegs are too high and not particularly helpful; d) I found the seat very uncomfortable and always had to supplement it with a cushion. But take these things in perspective -- you'll be hard pressed to find this much boat elsewhere for such a reasonable price.