Submitted: 07-18-2005 by mmmjkm

Have used this boat for about 1 year --it is one of 7 other SOTs and SINKs in my plastic navy. Excellent construction, fine materials, and a very good value. It has a solid, lasting feel (like the Ocean Kayaks), and I like the Ocean Kayak-like scalloped foot wells and tankwell. This one will not dent as readily as some of the thinner-hulled boats (like my Inuvik). I also really like its light weight and excellent balance -- I can easily load and unload it by myself, and the center handles are perfectly placed for a very balanced single-person carry. It is my "quick and dirty" kayak -- the one I throw on the car quickly and easily for a spur-of-the-moment short paddle or workout. It is a typical 11' kayak -- stable, slowish, some hull slap, but versatile and a fine introduction to paddling for the novice. Because you sit a little higher (and drier) than in other SOTs (like my Scupper Pro or Bimini), you may find it a little tippier, particularly if you are tall; however, I am 5'9", 165 lbs., and have not found this to be a problem. All-in-all, a very well-made, good knock-around small kayak for an excellent price.