Submitted: 07-15-2005 by Sushi

We bought this boat this spring for taking our six- and three-year-olds out on the lakes and calm streams. We went to buy a WS 160T but it was sold out when we got to the sale. Just as well, as this boat suits us better and was a bit cheaper.

Our main factors were stability and ease of entry-exit, and the Pamlico 135T is great on those points.

My wife sits in the bow seat with the six-year-old between her legs while our little one sits on a foam paddle float, facing backwards, behind the bow seat. (I'm not sure why I bought a paddle float -- if this thing ever flipped, it would suck in so much water there would be no way of getting back in and bailing. But it makes comfy seat.)

It's no speed demon, but with both girls in, that isn't a factor either. My only disappointments are the weight -- it was a bitch to get on top of our SUV, until I built a roller for the tailgate -- and the tracking solo.

I also agree with the other review that suggested a drainage plug. It's a hard boat to tilt to drain.

I had a tough time paddling this boat alone and found it weathercocked like mad in moderate breeze on a lake. Even moving the bow seat all the way back, I got dizzy spinning around, esp. with the wind at my back. Next time I go solo, I'll put in some extra weight. I'm probably going to buy a Tsunami 140 or Capehorn for solo missions without the rugrats.