Submitted: 07-13-2005 by hawksnest
I have had my Schoodic Kevlar boat for about 6 weeks now. It weighs a very nice 40#, and is well built and strong. There is no problem using a paddle, and sitting on the rear coaming/deck to get in or out, the decks are stiff. The Kevlar "paddle lite process" is one of the strongest I have seen, and I work with glass/carbon/kevlar materials in another of my hobbies. I had a small leak around the skeg box when I first put it in the water, but I fixed it myself, although my dealer would also have done it. It is dry now, and this boat is fast, very responsive, and handles extremely well. I am very happy with my Schoodic after paddling lakes, rivers, and ponds with it. The small front "glove box" compartment is the envy of other paddlers everywhere I go. The Lincoln boats are well built, priced the same as most Kevlar boats, paddle great, and are good looking.