Submitted: 07-12-2005 by TJErmoian

This canoe is indestructible! I bought mine used from a rental company for $225. They had already put a patch from the bow extending about a foot under the body. It came off the roof of my truck at 60 mph and bounced end-over-end down the road. After years of hard use, I figured I got my money's worth: it was scratched a little, but still in good working shape. I folded it at a 45 degree angle on a rock in heavy current with 5 people in it without capsizing. It was stolen off of my dock and spotted by a friend a year later tied up downriver. It was unmistakably mine with the bubbling where some renter sat it on a campfire. I stole it back. Now with a 6 inch hole worn through the outer skin, a wooden brace gone and a seat top cracked from years of sun, it has likely logged a thousand miles and could be filled 6 times with all the fish caught from it. I would storm the beach at Normandy in one of these. I'll sell this one for $250 if you're interested... I have 2 more now!