Submitted: 07-12-2005 by Lou

I purchased a Kingfisher in UL Kevlar on June 1, 2005 in Inlet NY. My main use will be 2-4 day trips on lakes and rivers with some short to medium portages. Light weight, capacity, stability and seaworthiness were my main considerations. I also test paddled the Spirit II and The Adirondack. I have been canoeing and kayaking for 35+ years. The Kingfisher fit my needs to a tee. The day after we purchased it my wife and I spent a day fishing and paddling around Indian Lake in the Adirondacks. We were both impressed with its stability, and ease of paddling. We then went on a four day trip down the Bog River Flow to Low's Lake. We were carrying 600 lbs of people and gear. The boat paddled like a dream. It's not a racing boat but very easy to paddle, tracks well (better with a load) and was very maneuverable. We encountered 1.5-2 ft waves one day with no problem. If you want a super stable boat with good capacity and arenít out to win any races this is the boat for you.