Submitted: 07-11-2005 by SYW

Just own it for 2 months. Rush is no fast kayak. But, in small (less than 2 miles long) lakes around Iowa, Rush is the best choice for a once-a-week user who just want to exercise/relax. The half skirt/working deck is very useful and also blocks some water from splashing in. Price is okay for a budget-tight person like me, about 100 bucks more than Otter. Weight is a bit over my ability but I still can do transportation solo. I believe I'll do it more easily after few more times. About stability, I tested it by placing a can of Coke atop the front deck (Rush is the only not-round deck kayak I've ever seen) and paddled it for an hour. The can didn't even shake (about 80% full). There is not doubt in its stability. Again, if you desire higher speed like 4mph or faster, Rush isn't the right choice. But anything else Rush is a good choice.