Submitted: 07-06-2005 by JD

I would have given a higher rating except for the seat and peddles.

1) Re the seat: I find the seat extremely uncomfortable. The ridges at the seat/seat-side of the molded seat cut into the outside of the very tops of my thigh bones (about 6" below my hip)...just about where a woman is widest. (I weigh 150, so it's not like I'm an obese person.)This is a shame for such a great boat. Padding helps somewhat. Still trying to figure out how to deal long-term with this significant problem; may try cutting it out and buying a closed-cell seat.

2) Also need to pad the fixed peddles as they are a waffle design. Sure enough there is a good grip, but after a short while paddling barefoot, the balls of my feet hurt quite a bit.

Otherwise, construction is good (except 1 thigh pad has separated a very small bit from the boat). Primary stability twitchy-but that's what I wanted, as its secondary stability is very good as well as lots of fun. Very responsive, maneuverable. Low, narrow profile makes it cut nicely through wind. Fast. A light 43 pounds in kevlar makes it easy to sling over my shoulder. I've been kayaking for 13 years, so its twitchiness was fun but quick to get used to. An excellent boat for intermediate and advanced kayakers; a challenge and surfs well. I don't think I'd recommend this boat for a casual user. However, if you're a serious beginner, you will find this a boat that gives you lots of room to grow into.