Submitted: 07-05-2005 by CaptainKlepper

I am a 3rd generation Klepper owner. My fondest memories of my childhood revolve around our Arius II. My parents used to sea/river kayak with us small boys (4 total). We've had our kayak on all sorts of water (occasional class 2+ rivers), from Alaska to Chile. According to family legend my grandfather and my Dad sailed one of these up a river in Chile.

I can assemble this boat myself in 15 min. and find it very stable. One of the unexpected strengths I found with this boat, is its reparability. Recently a friend folded this boat around a rock. Though badly damaged, I was able to repair the boat by cannibalizing the various broken components and ordering a couple new parts from Klepper. Any rigid kayak or canoe would have been a complete basket case. I was able to repair the wood frame in ways that would have been impossible with aluminum.

These boats are expensive but the quality speaks for its self.