Submitted: 06-30-2005 by risa56

I have had my Dagger for a little over a year, and I absolutely love it! Had originally gone out to purchase the Perception Acadia 12.5, went to a boat day at a local lake and got to test them all out. The Dagger Blackwater 10.5 blew the doors off the test drive I took of the Acadia, America & Antigua. I wanted the 11.5 but the extra dough made me hesitate, my boyfriend said look, it's an investment, you’re laying out at least the 580, for the extra 70, it's worth it. He was right. I keep "Baby" at a local lake most of the time where I take her out 4 to 7 times a week. I go out adventuring on rivers & streams whenever possible. Took her once out to the salt marshes and the ocean, salt marshes and the inlet were just fine, not really meant for the ocean, hit high winds, going against the tide, large boat wakes and good size waves simultaneously had the smallest boat, and won't be doing that again. Boat handles like nothing else, can blow the doors off of many men with twice the upper body power, and believe it's a lot to do with the design of the boat. It simply flies, I purchased the 12.5 for my 18 year old, I'm 5'5", he's 6'1", and he needed a bigger boat. I prefer the 11.5, lift the skeg she turns on a dime, with it down the tracking is terrific. I highly recommend. In the past I had rented the 10.5 and really liked that one as well, easy handling quick response.