Submitted: 06-28-2005 by Colin

Bought this two weeks ago, took a basic WW course with it this weekend with a bunch of playboaters, but they were impressed with the amount of maneuverability of this "barge". It is no playboat, but runs the rapids well, maneuvers very well for its size, and also rolls very nicely. I am 6'2" and 205 and have plenty of room in this.

Not a 10? Yeah, I have to agree with the back brace sucking, and after 4 hours in the boat my legs were pretty numb, need a seat cushion.

As told by the instructor though, NEVER get rid of this boat. It will last me forever, and has its necessity in weekend river running for bigger rivers, where that cargo space will be a big plus, and can handle flatwater with ease.

I also checked out a Blackwater 11.5 the same day - it would have been $400 cheaper (it was on clearance - last years model), but the salesman told me - and he seemed pretty honest about most of the stuff, and it made sense, the cockpit on the Blackwater is bigger - making it harder to "wear". In other words harder to roll, and I wanted a boat I could roll. Also - I sat in both, and the Enduro is more like a sports car, the Blackwater feeling more like a pickup truck - BTW - I drive a pickup truck, so nothing wrong with them, but I wouldn't take it to a road course for a race. The Blackwater also has less rocker, and though shorter I was told would be less maneuverable - and since the Enduro has more of a pointed hull, even without the skeg down (which I agree, don't use it - learn how to paddle without it), it will track better than the Blackwater too. This boat does track very well.

I purchased a Wenger Whitewater length paddle with it also, and it works perfect for open or quick water.