Submitted: 01-08-2000 by G.L.

I have tried the 230 size San Juan, Camamo and Little Dipper. For my efficient low fiberglass boat the San Juan was just too much paddle and it actually slowed me up, being so slow through the water. The Camano has been my choice, being enough paddle to both accelerate and cruise. The Little Dipper is perfect for cruising but in rougher water, leaves me looking for more bite. The Camano never flutters, or makes me grip hard, and it allows me to vary my stroke too. It is somewhat lightweight and strong in the ferrule. You can feather it or leave it straight. It is probably not a bad price for what it is at 220 bucks. It is also possible to remove the annoying stickers that say Werner, that are found on the paddle faces. Just peal them off and use citrus cleaner and 20 minutes elbow grease to get off the tenacious adhesive. When I am in the water, how many times do I need to be reminded that I am using a Werner Paddle? A little pure silicon spray makes it easier to use assemble and dissasemble. Wash and dissasemble after every use or it just might weld together. My friend has a Camano that she left assembled after salt water exposure and now it is very difficult to take appart and reassemble.