Submitted: 06-21-2005 by kbf

This is Pacific Northwest styled plastic kayak with a rudder. This boat is designed for the medium to small paddler; my wife uses it and loves it. She’s 5’5” and can get in it cowboy style. This boat has a huge cockpit opening so skirts were a little tuff to find. She now has a snapdragon neoprene size XL.

This boat has good outfitting and kajaksport hatches. We have not experienced any oil canning.

My wife has used this boat on ocean swells and lake wind chop and she has only praise for her Whistler. She never uses the rudder and I am actually proud of her for that but the other day it was so windy that I was concerned because she was weather-cocking. I convinced her to use the rudder, she did. I couldn’t believe the smile on her face. She likes it even more now.

She could easily use a much narrower boat but she prefers that rock solid initial stability of the CD Whistler’s 25” beam.

I would consider getting her a Pachena DX but she likes to run her boat aground. So as long as she keeps doing that we’ll stick with the rotomold Whistler.