Submitted: 06-20-2005 by sharkbiter

I concur with what has been said already. Especially like the stability. Speed is not bad for a little boat. But I made mine faster by attaching ribs to the bottom of the inflatable floor. First, went out and purchased a duffle bag which is 3x larger than one that came with boat. (Manufacturers take note: you will have more happy costumers if you simply provide a bag the boat can fit back into!!!)

I used 1/2" PVC pipe (schedule 40). A rib is in two parts: One 4' section and a shorter section to complete length of floor. Cap one end of 4' rib and glue adapter to the other end. Attach this piece (4' section) to bottom of the floor. I attached mine with straps made from inflatable repair kit. The shorter piece gets caped at one end then inserts into adapter. The shorter piece does not get attached to floor -- so floor can fold and fit in large duffle bag. Attach two more ribs the same way. I found that my 3 ribs bulge out a bit of the bottom of the boat. But they act as a sort of keel.

The only down side of the boat for me is taking it all apart to dry out after using. So 9 out of 10.