Submitted: 06-13-2005 by Holly

Yes it is heavy, but they make caddies for that and for the money, you can afford to beat the heck out of it and buy a new one every few years. I've had mine 6 years before she finally sprung a leak and I leave her in the sun, rarely empty the sand out under the gunnels and take care of it like teenager. Great shallow river boat. I live in AZ and rivers are few and far between, tend to be rocky. This boat has been dragged on its keel for miles on portages, bumped into all sorts of things, been buried in swift water, facing the current with only 6 inches of the bow sticking out (I still cant believe we got it out of the water)...and it takes a licking and keeps on ticking. I have seen people wrap them on rocks on the Verde River where it was folded like a taco and they stomped on it for an hour or so and were able to finish the trip. It's a super fun ride on class 2 and 3's and rides nice with current. My dog can jump in and out with out tipping it. I will always own a Coleman Ram X. P.S. Duct tape holds real well for a quick temp fix on holes...I now bring it with me on every trip....beats bailing!!