Submitted: 06-12-2005 by Judy

This is an update on the above review.
I took my Viper out on the White River yesterday for a 4 hours ride. I am in the Ozarks in Arkansas. Slow with no white water. I would still consider myself a beginner. It handled well and I never had a problem. I could have used more current so I had to paddle the entire way. I took a lot of boat wakes, went around rocks and trees. It actually handled well. It really built my confidence in myself and this kayak.

It tracks well now due to the skeg I have pounded in and I drilled a hole in it and attached it to a leash so I cannot lose it. I have 2 extra at home. It definitely needs that to track well.

I am feeling better about this Pelican. I was comfortable in it the entire way. I also like I can lift it and move it by myself. I am 51 and female and I am usually by myself kayaking so that helps. As I take it into different waters this summer I will let you know how it goes.

Ally Folding Canoes: