Submitted: 06-05-2005 by markfisher

I bought this boat in Tuffweave last week from Fluidfun in Bristol, IN (great experience) and just got back from its first paddle -- a local canoe marathon -- and I could not be much happier. I bought it with the intention of using it with my 13 year old daughter mostly with my wife occasionally taking a center seat. I considered some larger canoes like the Sundowner, Spirit II and the Escape. The first two felt very slow by comparison. The Escape seems about as fast (it was 1 ft longer), but front is flared and my daughter had a harder time reaching when in the front. We tried the Solo II and might have considered that except three people was impossible.

The boat tracks great. We could trim it out well with the front sliding seat. It is a great physical fit for my daughter and me. And it is fast....