Submitted: 06-03-2005 by Traveler

Dagger has produced one great kayak here that fits my needs perfectly. I fish out of the yak and often camp for a few nights as well. I took this yak down a river that only had class II's however a lot of the chutes pushed you right towards downed trees or other obstacles which made the trip a lot more challenging. I had no problem making all the turns even after the swiftest chutes. Once on flatwater I could drop the skeg and the tracking was not bad either. This boat gives me the best of both worlds and I absolutely love it. I have gone through 3 other boats in the past 15 months looking for a yak that could handle the fast water without killing me in the deadwater - all of the other boats were good at one or the other but this one does it all. I had no problems with the seat either - which has not been the case with some other boats. I am glad I went with the 11.5 over the 10.5 because I am able to fit all of my camping gear within the boat itself - it barely fits but that doesn’t change the fact that it does fit! If you fish creeks or other flows that have fun rapids I would highly recommend this boat.