Submitted: 06-01-2005 by DanG

I love this little boat! I live in Hawaii and have so far taken it out on 3 paddles, two of which involved open ocean conditions. 10-15 knot winds, as well. It performs well! I don't have much to compare it to, but it seems to paddle along at a decent pace. It's very stable and comfortable, with the way it flexes in the swell. Also catches waves pretty easily. So far I've only used it as a single; it might be on the cramped side with 2 adults. This kayak is really well designed and built. One tip: instead of inflating the 3 main chambers and then installing the seats (as instructed in the manual), I found it's much easier to do the reverse. Strapping the inflated seats in first and then inflating the main chambers saves a lot of effort. Set up takes at least 10 minutes, maybe 15, but it's no big deal. Great product!

Paddling.net T-Shirt Sale: