Submitted: 06-01-2005 by mike

I've owned my Helios for a year now and have taken it on lakes and quieter rivers. I really enjoy it. I can carry it easily in my car, it is not heavy for me to backpack 50 yards to the water. It inflates quickly and moves at a good speed, at least fast enough for me. I've always used it as a double and we can move as fast as a hard shell single kayak, generally. It's very comfortable and its skin seems extremely tough. I've owned a canoe and two other kayaks (including a puffin and a hardshell), and this is the most enjoyable. I think the Puffin is cute, but not as seaworthy as my Helios. The Helios is also easier to get in working order. It takes less than 10 minutes of air pumping. But I would never take it on rapids. I don't think it's made for that. Especially given the price, I highly recommend it. I do worry about how long it will last and when it will give out. But it has worked so well for just having fun, that I've put off getting a Folbot Greenlander, for now.