Submitted: 05-31-2005 by bruce
The Hullraiser is awful. If you are not tall, if you do not have a light boat, and if you have a tall car, do not buy this product. Under the aforementioned conditions, the Hullraiser is nearly impossible to load. If you use a step stool, you are unstable on all but the most level ground. The "J" portion of the Hullraiser is very high and it is impossible to lift above that threshold.

Today, with assistance (a taller person lifting the other side of the yak), it still was nearly impossible. Regardless of how tight you make the screws, the Hullraiser will rotate around a round rack.

I would give it a zero if there was such a rating. The only decent feature is that once tied down, the yak is secure.

It is difficult to get the strap through the teeth of the apparatus. It is equally as difficult to remove the yak from this configuration. I am extremely disappointed in this product which I purchased to prevent my yak from oil canning on the round bars. At this point, I'd rather oil can than use the Hullraiser again.

I will either go to my dealer or to Yakima for a refund or exchange. If an exchange is not forthcoming, I will throw it in the trash can to save space in the garage.