Submitted: 05-30-2005 by Van

This is an excellent canoe, unless you are a complete wimp. The weight is 20 lbs higher than much more expensive models, but the cost savings and stiffness are well worth it. I am 6'3" 290 lbs. and this thing is great for me. The "oil canning” is very, very minimal. I have read reviews that say this thing is slow, and it may be with small paddlers, but I blow away people in kayaks all day long. I use an 8' double bladed paddle from Bending Branches, and the boat nearly planes for gods sake! Stability is great from the seat and incredible when I sit in the center floor. I can heel the boat to its gunwale with no problem of tipping. Bottom line is this is an excellent solo boat for larger paddlers and for those with heavy loads. 800 lbs total has been no problem at all in heavy chop. And I came from a Pelican 16 Bayou that was a real tank. This canoe will do all that the Pelican will do at nearly half the weight. Also the poly link 3 hull is as close to indestructible as you can get. It is much better than any rotomolded boat that I have had in the past. No more of those deep gouges from just dragging over some rocks. Great Stable boat.