Submitted: 05-30-2005 by Dan Hall

I have had a loon 100 for about 4 years, and I have loved this boat the entire time. Many other people have commented that it is very tippy for a rec. boat, and while that is true, I also have been places with it that I would not go in other rec boats, such as my friends Perception Caspia. I have shot class 3 water and been out inlets in my loon, plus Iíve taken it surfing off the NC coast many times now.

If you are looking for a boat to grow in and improve your skills, this is def. the boat for you. I am looking to upgrade to a Necky Eloha DS, but I donít feel any rush. And in terms of it being tippy; I can use a skulling brace and get the keel line out of the water, I also can do successful half rolls and have almost completed a full roll; I just need better hip pads.

If youíre looking to get into the world of kayaking and things like whitewater, touring, and surfing, this is the boat to learn your basics in. If you want to paddle with the kids, take pictures, or fish, then this boat may not be for you.