Submitted: 05-30-2005 by JeffMcG

An excellent first kayak after years of canoe use. My wife and I bought two after reviewing and paddling a number of other boats. We decided on the regular Featherlites rather than the angler version since the rod tubes were not at the locations we preferred.

The lighter colors are much better for comfort here in Florida we chose the tan. Thus far the fishability of these boats has been fantastic with use in both salt and freshwater. They are light and can be shouldered with a full days gear for short walks to the water. We carry them in our small standard bed Ranger by just lowering the tailgate and straping them in, our gear is placed inside the boats.

I'll put in a plug for our dealer here as well. Salty Feather in Jacksonville Florida is wonderful. They got us fully equipped, answered any questions, and had me on fish the first time out. I'll be back to see them again for my next kayak.

All in all these are superb little boats for almost anyone. I'm 6'3" and my wife is only 5'3" both of us are very comfortable in the Featherlites.