Submitted: 05-30-2005 by CR

Just purchased the Wave 9'4" and am very disappointed as with every stroke with the paddle on the right site I hit the awkward positioned paddle holder hook and hurt myself! This is poorly designed and unsafe. Image you hurt yourself so often until you can not paddle anymore home. Called Pelican's customer service: “they are all made the same and she can not do anything about it. I approved this when I purchased the kayak in the store! It is even not covered under warranty, but I can cut the hooks off, but will loose the warranty, but should use silicon to cover the holes!”

They approved and customers have to live with that, return or repair from Pelican not offered. Now I have to return it to Zellers within 30 days and I will do, never will buy a Pelican kayak again, only trouble and inconsiderate, poor service.

Vasa, Inc.: