Submitted: 05-27-2005 by metalhead
My wife and I bought a Puffin 12 footer last February and were so impressed we ordered a Puffin II from Peter at Klepper West. Well it finally got here in later May. The skin of the boat is a heavy duty type hypalon similar to white water rafts. The frame is shock corded and takes about 20 minutes to fully assemble.

It is a great boat. I bought it for fishing and camping and itís better than that. I have WS Pungo 120, which is a great boat, but the Puffin II is more fun to paddle, sits higher and is very quick. It does not track as well as a keeled boat, but it paddled very well on Lake Solano below Lake Berryessa and I am looking forward to taking it to the high sierras next week. The boat is so light, I had a 2 pound trout pull me downsteam for about 3 minutes. It was worth the wait. I am planning to buy one of the folding canoes next year. A little money for a lot of fun.