Submitted: 05-23-2005 by js

My husband and I just purchased 2 new Zydecos today. We have been doing up to Class II or II+ in an open tandem canoe, but we decided to make the plunge and try some kayaking. After about 15 minutes on flat water to get the feel, we headed for some whitewater. We made it through some II+ rapids with no trouble. We met several other kayakers who showed us the basics of surfing. We both tried several times, but unfortunately flipped several times! The boat turns on a dime and is very stable. Its light weight and short length make it easy to throw inside (yes, INSIDE) our minivan. The only negative we saw was that we took on water through the cockpit when we went through a standing wave--but we're going to try a spray skirt as soon as our bank account recovers from 2 kayaks, 2 paddles, and 2 paddle life vests! Overall a great boat.