Submitted: 05-22-2005 by srikanth Syamsundar

I tried the Sea Eagle 330 in Lake George.

Setup was not bad -- but I couldnít get the seat into the kayak ..I am not sure if I have to inflate the seat or the kayak first ... the instructional video shows inflating the kayak First.. I am not too sure. Secondly the inflation pressure is big guessing game. The inflation template that came with the kayak clearly has a problem as the circular reference showed under-inflation while the linear scale showed over-inflation. I had no help, and just used the 3/4 inch depression thumb rule as suggested by the instructional video.

In the waters .. despite the skegs, the tracking was lousy ( Compared to hardshells I am used to). I bought this inflatable due to space and budget constrains. I found that I had to compensate every other stroke - it was quite frustrating actually.. to make things worse, the kayak listed about couple degree to the port side even though both the port and the starboard tubes were inflated to roughly the same amount.

I tried the kayak out on the 31st day after purchase .. So I canít return it.. If you but it ...TRY IT and make use of their return policy.

Botetourt County Tourism: