Submitted: 05-18-2005 by metalhead
We looked at Puffins on my birthday in February, I wanted the 14 footer, but my wife bought the 12 footer, wonderful boat. We put it together in the rain at Stone Lagoon (north of Eureka) in March. It took us about 25 minutes, with a break down time of about 10. My wife really likes the boat and had no problems paddling in heavy weather. We both have WS Pungos 120s and this boat compares favorably to them. Not as fast, but more secondary stability, plus the 22 pound weight is unbelievable. We travel in a Honda CR-V and a Ford 250 van conversion and this is a great boat for camping, or just getting into the high Sierras. I would not take it in Class III water, but I would take it in light surf like most of the north coast. I really like being able to pack the boat away in 10 minutes, out-of-sight-out-of-mind. We bought ours from Peter at Klepper West, who than ordered us the Puffin II, which we are waiting for.