Submitted: 05-17-2005 by Cory

I just purchased my Kingfisher (Royalex) and so far I love it. It is a high quality canoe with all the right features for me. I am an avid fly fisherman so I was searching for something that I could stand up and cast. This canoe performed beautifully! The first time I stood I was amazed at the stability. I had an excitable dog with me but it didn't matter - rock solid. I also was looking for a canoe that I could solo most of the time, but available for tandem as well. I'm 6'1" 190lbs and it works for me. Itís a little awkward putting it on my truck canoe racks, but really not bad considering it is 16'. I put weight in the front and sat in the stern seat and it worked well. I was no speed demon, but I moved along nicely. The wind pushed me around a little but nothing major. It seemed par for the course for a canoe. If you are looking for a quality canoe and a solid platform for sporting type activities I would highly recommend this canoe.