Submitted: 05-16-2005 by skunk

I purchased a QCC700XL late in 2003 and have found it to be an adequate though not exceptional boat.

The build quality is indeed good, though mine was delivered with some blemishes in the gel coat. (Steve offered to build a new one but there wasn't time to do so before the agreed upon delivery).

It also seems to perform well, though I think not as exceptional as they would have you believe.

I'm displeased with the skeg control which allows the skeg to drop if the rope is inadvertently knocked from the jam-cleat.

I was told that the hatch-seal design was unique to my boat (a 3/4" rubber band which nests vertically between the cover and hull), and I see that they are no longer using it. It's not unusual to have up to a quart of water in the rear compartment after rolling or hard leans.

My biggest complaint though is about their customer service, rather than the boat. It became immediately apparent after placing the order that I was no longer a priority to them, and I've found it difficult to even get a response (email) ever since!

Thunder Bay Tourism: