Submitted: 12-31-1999 by Glen

The Cabo is my first kayak and I've had it for about 3 months now. So far, I'm very happy with the speed and stability. I have lived in the area of Tomales Bay (north of San Francisco) for 9 years, but now have a new appreciation for the beauty of the area. I'm now "friends" with the seals/sea lions, sea birds, an occasional whale, and the elk. No big sharks yet!

I bought this large boat so that I could go solo or take my family. So far, I've used it mostly solo and have little trouble moving along and staying straight. Although I'm a big boy (6'1" and 260lbs), I feel very comfortable in this boat.

I made my own cart out of PVC pipe and some small wheels for about $25. Even though I live very close to the water, it is a "must" when trying to carry solo (especially at the END of the day).

Aqua-Bound: